Sunday, October 16, 2011

Update D+10

Well today was pretty terrible  on the scale of the past 2 days, but there is some light at the end of the tunnel it seems. The doctors are happy with how I am handling the chemo, and though I have zero appetite, I've been drinking supplement juice boxes and gatorade. I also walked 5 laps around the floor today. I'm not allowed to leave the floor, and if I leave my room I need to wear gloves and a mask, but it's good to get any type of exercise I can.

On the downside, they're worried about a possible infection in my heart. Fortunately, they aren't worried enough to do anything about it right now, so that's good news.

I'm about to get a CT scan of my biopsy site. None of my blood cultures have blossomed yet which points away from infection, but these fevers are out of control, so they just want to get to the bottom of this.

More to come later.

No comments: