Monday, October 24, 2011

Rapid Eye Movement

I find I'm quite tired throughout the day, and last night slept for a good 11 hours.

The weird thing is that I'm not on chemo. I ended that a while ago. I suppose it could be the anti-biotics, or maybe the fact that I'm partially anemic. There are a lot of things not quite right with my body right now.

I'm also getting a pretty continuous IV drip of fluids to help take down my LDH (which is down from 12,600 to 1400... still well above the 135-225 ideal range). This makes me wake up nearly every hour during the night to use the bathroom.

Now, I don't know much about REM sleep, but I heard/made up that you need REM sleep in order to feel actually refreshed. Well I've not been feeling refreshed in the mornings when I wake up. Therefore, I've decided that I'm not getting enough REM sleep because I'm waking up before entering that sleep cycle. This makes me frustrated, but the good news is that the doctors are lowering my fluid intake. Hopefully tonight I can get two(2) hours of sleep at a time.

In other news, I'm watching "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" for the first time and I must admit that it's a humourous show. I also watched "Inception" for the 50th time and it was still awesome.

There are enough plot holes in "Inception" to sink the Titanic. But man, that is a fun movie.

My favorite part is when the music goes BBBBBRRRRROOOOOOAAAAAAMMMMMMM!

1 comment:

Ron Vega said...

Hi Bulwyf,

You might know this already, but I thought this was an interesting clip on the music from Inception. Also, I agree it does rock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVf6NBHI0Ac&feature=related