Monday, October 24, 2011

This Weekend

Just a quick update so you all know how I'm doing.

I'm still getting vitals taken every 4 hours, and I am happy to report my temperature has been down. I have not gotten blood drawn from a needle in my arm for a few days and it feels great. Also, the blood cultures that were all drawn during my high fever periods have all come back negative (they have a month to grow goo, so we'll see how that goes). I was hoping to contribute to Science, but my heart failed the test to join the study. I've been told my heart is healthy as a clam, but they just have very specific requirements for the drug study.

My brother, Fumos, was here this weekend. It was fun hanging out with him and Bill and Kym and my parents. We had a football party here Saturday night for the game.

Tomorrow at 3:00pm I have my second bone marrow biopsy. Depending on the results of that, I may need an additional 5 day drip of chemo.

Here's me hoping I don't need that. I didn't smell very good after not showering for 7 days last time.

No comments: