Saturday, October 15, 2011

Football Saturday

"Thanks for the updates. today is not a good day."

That pretty much sums up the last two days. I sent that text message to a friend of mine, Billiards, because today my alma mater played a football game, but it was not covered in the Boston TV networks (or at least the one the hospital has). Billiards was kind enough to send me updates throughout the game even though I slept through about half of it.

My fever has been all over the place, between 99.5 and 103.2 in the last two days. I need blood, and I need plasma, but I can't get blood products with a fever. On top of that, we tried the plasma but I had an allergic reaction to it and had to get 50cc's of IV delivered benadryl.

Holy shit.

That stuff will knock you on your ass, let me tell you. I was all loopy and couldn't really understand what was going on, but the good news it that the allergic reaction stopped.

Unfortunately, I'm about to get some more benadryl now, so this is me signing off for the day. I should get some plasma and some blood and hopefully tomorrow I will feel better.

I'm 73 hours into my 168 hour drip of chemo, so only a few days left.

My other chemo, which I got as an "IV Push" once per day on the first three days is now over, so here's to me hoping my awful feeling is from the push, and not from the regular chemo.

Haha. I can keep wishing!

I also have a large stuffed leukocyte as a gift from a very good and mildly twisted friend. And I'm loving it like McDonalds!

Benadryl is kicking in. Man this is weird, I'm going to go laydown for a bit now goodnight!

No comments: