Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I Had a Dream

I was outside in the forest and it was awesome. While outside, I decided to explore some old ruins. I walked up 9 flights of steps and was excited about the exercise, but was worried about my low platelets. At the top of the old building, I found a homeless fellow living in an odd tent type thing.

Anyway, later I found a tick on me. I decided to check for more and found over 1000 ticks crawling all over me. It was crazy but non of them bit me. I just brushed them off into a pile on the floor of the ruins.

The point to all of this is that according to Wikipedia, you dream during REM sleep. The doctors cut down on my fluids a little bit so I'm now waking every 2 hours or so instead of every hour.

Yesterday was crazy though. I slept until 11:30am. When I woke up I took a shower and ate some pancakes (taking a shower is always a process as I have to wait until I am between anti-biotics, then they need to waterproof my blood spigot). After my meal, I was still tired so I slept until 3. I woke up to a doctor walking in my room. He will be my transplant doctor so I will call him Dr. Grant. I talked to Dr. Grant for a good half hour about the next few months when Onk walked in. Time for my bone marrow biopsy! So I got some oxycodone and some ativan and got the biopsy.

The biopsy did not go as smoothly as the first one. Kym came and held my hand which was nice, but I was a lot more nervous and my whole body shook like the NYC earthquake of 2011. That last part was a joke because the NYC earthquake of 2011 felt more like Atlas rocking us to sleep.

But this biopsy was kinda crazy.... they gave me an extra half milligram of ativan to try and calm my nerves. Either it kicked in at the end or I was just happy it was over. Either way, I then passed out until around 6pm. Then I got some dinner (mac 'n cheese with hot dog) and watched some TV until falling asleep around 1130pm. I woke up a few times throughout the day as my anti-biotics were changed or they needed to weigh me or take vitals. I've still been good with the temperatures, but I lost a good 10 pounds during my first round of chemo.

Well let's hope we don't have to do that again.

No comments: